A few bits and bobs to report on today, and its mostly news from Capcom.
- The big rumour going about at the moment is to do with the possible announcement of Resident Evil 6. This week, viral videos and images have been spread around the interwebs from a strange domain name (nohopeleft.com), basically showing images of the world gone to hell. Eagle eyed readers will notice the biohazard symbols littered around the pictures, and the date of 19.01.12…which is today. Capcom are holding an official event in their homeland of Japan tomorrow to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the famous horror series, and surely announcing the next instalment would be the icing on the cake. One wonders that if they do whether the game will take the path of its immediate predecessors Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 with their ‘stand still and shoot mechanics’ or whether we will have a return to the scary games…you know, the ones of the PS1.
- Elsewhere from Capcom, we have more reveals for the Street Fighter X Tekken roster. Joining from the Street Fighter roster are Balrog, Vega and Juri, while Law, Xiaoyu and the ever awesome Paul arrive from Tekken. I confidently predicted that this would be the superior of the two crossover games (we have still yet to hear anything about Tekken X Street Fighter – and besides, I greatly prefer Street Fighter to Tekken so I am biased), and the ever expanding roster continues to please me immensely.
- In a bold move, Take Two have announced that Max Payne 3 will be delayed in its release. Originally set for March 2012, it has been pushed back two months to May, meaning that it now joins the likes of Bioshock: Infinite, Borderlands 2 and (maybe) GTA V in Take Two’s 2013 financial year. The company expects that they will release a net loss for 2012 as a result of the delay
- Hideo Kojima has confirmed that there will be a playable demo of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance at E3 later this year. The game, which is now under the wing of Platinum Games, has split the Metal Gear fanbase with its emphasis on OTT action, so it will be interesting to see how the game plays.
- Finally, we have a confirmed date for the Mass Effect 3 demo – it will arrive on Xbox Live and PSN on February 14th 2012. Clear some hard drive space